LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 2022 / EFFECTIVE: JANUARY 2022
What is Meson?🔗
The Meson Platform (hereafter referred to as “Meson”) refers to Meson LLC’s proprietary neutral mediation platform that optimizes mobile advertisements for supply partners and allows their demand partners to serve its or third-party advertisements on the mobile applications and websites that supply partners designate based upon the criteria selected by them on Meson. Meson is a full functionality mediation platform, for app developers, to realize the benefits of a mediation solution without the complexities of maintaining an in-house mediation solution. The platform is built for publishers with focus on control, transparency and efficiency.
“Group Entities” as used in this policy, means, with respect to Meson, its affiliates and group entities listed here.
What personal data does Meson collect?🔗
2.1 When you view an advertisement facilitated via Meson on a site, app or other digital media, the supply partners or their advertisers may collect information on your device and your interaction with the advertisement. The supply partners may provide us with following data about you when you elect to interact with the advertisements. Any collection of such data is governed by the supply partners or their advertisers’ privacy policies.
(a) Device identifiers. Device identifiers are alphanumeric strings that are unique to your device. These include:
· iOS devices’ Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and iOS Identifier for Vendors (IDFV)
· Google Advertising ID (GAID), or Android ID for Android devices
(b) Location information, including:
· Geo-location or precise location of your device (inferred via WiFi or IP Address) if you have given the app or site permission to collect your location information
(c) Demographic data about you, including:
· Year of birth
· Education level
· Age range
Meson does not collect any sensitive data such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health.
How does Meson use your personal data?🔗
We use the information that we receive about you to:
· make available Meson and its services to Publisher;
· share or transmit (‘onward transfer’) Publisher provided user personal data to Publisher’s demand partners who integrate with Meson “Publisher’s Demand Partners”;
· provide analytics to the Publisher including but not limited to support use cases like cohort analysis, behaviour-based user segmentation, frequency capping, user analytics, churn prediction, etc.;
· resolve billing disputes and/ or for fraud detection; and
· comply with any request of a governmental or regulatory body (including subpoenas or court orders).
Who does Meson share your personal data with? 🔗
Meson may share the data it collects or receives about you as described in this Policy as follows:
· Publishers and Supply Partners: We may share your information with publishers (the app or site publishers) to help them understand how users interact with their apps and sites and advertisements on their apps and sites
· Demand Partners and Advertisers: We may share your information with demand partners, brands and advertisers who use our Platform, to allow them to understand the performance of their campaigns; and to help them better target their campaigns, products or offerings
· Service Providers: We may share personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; fraud detection, information and
services; payment processors; customer service providers; and vendors to support the provision of our platform services
· Group Entities: We may share personal information with our Group Entities so that the services of Meson LLC and/or its Group Entities may be improved and otherwise to serve you and/or our customers better with all our offerings including effective content management.
· Disclosures to Protect Us or Others: We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we have associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity
· Disclosures in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract
How does Meson keep personal data secure? 🔗
Meson uses reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information it collects about you in compliance with its legal and privacy requirements and contractual obligations. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners regarding their collection, use or treatment of user data. Unfortunately, no system is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
By using our platform or providing personal data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our website, by mail or by sending an email to you.
How long does Meson keep your data?🔗
Meson retains information collected in the context of our platform for a period of up to thirteen (13) months, unless otherwise required by law or applicable contract. Meson may retain the information it obtains about you as per the instructions of its customers or partners who provide such information or as required to fulfil our contractual obligations.
After the applicable retention period, Meson may retain and use your data: (i) in an aggregated or anonymized format; (ii) to comply with its legal obligations; and (iii) to resolve disputes and enforce agreements. Please note that the use cases stated in this provision will apply as an exception to your data subject or consumer rights related requests.
Please reach out to your mobile application provider for exercising any data subject/ consumer rights provided by the privacy laws applicable in your country.
California residents have the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “sale” is defined broadly and includes the transfer of personal information by a business to a third party for valuable consideration (even if there is no exchange of money). Meson does not “sell” your personal data.
Meson may share your information with clients, customers, partners, Group Entities, and other third parties described above who are based in countries outside of your country of residence (for example, if you are an EEA resident, we may share your information with our non-EEA clients or Group), subject to any contractual or legal requirements.
Where applicable, we will protect information through other legally valid methods, including international data transfer agreements. You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
Privacy of Children🔗
Meson complies with applicable privacy laws such as Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect/ process personal data about users of sites or apps directed to children.